Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day Four: My Parents

My parents at my sister's wedding in 2007.

Day 4: My Parents

I can't even begin to describe how much I love my parents and enjoy their company. I am proud to say that they are still together and very much in love today. They met when my mom was 18 and my dad was 20 and were married a year later. They actually met on a blind date, which I think is really cool! They both grew up in Kentucky and decided shortly after getting married that they wanted to leave and move to Texas. Yay! They waited 9 years before having any children and I came along when my mom was 36. They had 3 beautiful girls and have now been married for 37 years. I look up to them so much and hope that one day when I'm married and have children I can be as good of a parent as they have been to me and my sisters. I am just like my mom, i have all her weird traits and all her bad problems and good things too. I don't think I look too much like her but I do resemble her for sure. They have provided for my sisters and I and always tried to give us everything we wanted. Now that I'm older i realize all that they really have done so that we can be happy and I am so thankful for everything. I still visit with them once a week and they make dinner for me, which is always good btw. I could go on and on but I will spare you the details. :) Basically I love my parents so so much and I can't imagine living far away from them.

When I graduated high school. 
Thanks for reading and I hope you come back tomorrow!
Love, Carmen


1 comment:

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

I hope that you share this with your parents because I know they would love it!