Wednesday, October 13, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge


Well, like many others i decided to join in on the fun but have missed a couple days. I will catch up on those days and try to post everyday so my followers can get to know me a little bit more. :)

Day 1:


Recent Picture of Me


My name is Carmen and I am currently a student at SMU. I have a boyfriend of almost four years and am totally in love with him. He recently bought a house so I will be living there with him and putting my decorative touches on the place. We live in Texas and I have both lived here our whole lives. Since being in college I haven't found a good church to join and the boyfriend works on Sundays, which makes everything even harder. I hope to find a church and begin a new and even better relationship with God really soon. I hope this blog helps me find some friends and a place where I can look back and see how my life has progressed over time.

Facts:
1. I have 2 sisters and I wouldn't change that for anything in the world.
2. I have no idea what I want to do once I graduate college. 
3. I can't wait to get married and have kids.
4. I end up always buying black or grey clothes without thinking about it. I have no idea why, I guess it makes you look more flattering.
5. I love ice cream, I wish I could have it everyday without it making me fat. :)
6. I love to read, but it's hard to read books I enjoy during school.
7. I really HATE going to college but I need to get a college education.
8. Singing is a passion and I wish I would have gotten involved in a choir at school.
9. I love watching reality TV and just TV shows in general.
10. I love to listen to country music and classic rock.
11. I am a homebody and love lounging on my couch with my boyfriend and relaxing.
12. I love to sleep, but I don't like to take naps.
13. I am afraid of most dogs because I have been bit twice.
14. I HATE mushrooms and weird textures. I will gag very easily.
15. I don't have many close friends because I am very shy but once you get to know me I will open up and show a different side of myself.

Day 2:
Meaning behind my blog name

Well, I had no idea what to name my blog when I first started because I was new to this whole thing. A lot of people have family blogs and use their last names for their title, but since it was just me I had to do something else. Well my name is Carmen and I live in Texas so that is why I used this name. It's not very interesting, but that pretty much sums it up. I hope with my blog I can document my life kind of like an electronic journal and explain my thoughts and feelings about certain things.

Day 3:
My First Love

I would have to say that my first love is also my current love. My boyfriend and I are high school sweethearts (not from the same high school or the same grade though) and I hope will be my only love. He makes me laugh and we have so much fun together. Whether we are relaxing at home or traveling on vacation we never seem to get bored of each other and I really enjoy his company. I can't wait for us to be married and have a family together. 

A couple of years ago:

An old high school dance. :)

Recently:

This summer.
Thanks for reading. I can't wait to continue on with the Blog Challenge.
Love, 
Carmen




2 comments:

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

I just came across your blog and Im also from Texas! I love it!! I look forward to reading more!

Kit said...

You guys are so cute together! I cant wait to learn more about you through this 30 day challenge.