Monday, September 20, 2010

What a long day

Hello everyone. I sure had a busy day today. I can now give you updates on the house situation because I was able to have a showing today with Ryan. The first time he went to the house without me because I had to go to school. The house is so cute, it has wood flooring in the living room and throughout the hallways, large tiles in the kitchen, and new carpet in the bedrooms and the den. They also have replaced all the windows and have granite in the kitchen. There are stainless steel appliances and and both bathrooms are updated. It is also by an elementary school so whenever we have kids we will be able to walk them to school. I think it is the perfect house so we are securing our finances and will more than likely put an offer on it tomorrow. I'm so excited for this new chapter in my life.

This weekend was fun. On friday after school we hung out with Ryan's sister and her husband and I was able to play with their new baby. Gavin was born on August 12 and he is just the sweetest thing. We usually have game night on friday nights so this week we played Monopoly and Rummikube. It's always a good time over there and now its fun to play while the baby is sleeping and it gives the new mommy, Desirea, time off.
Me and Gavin on the day he was born.

Gavin playing a couple weeks ago.

Then on saturday me and Ryan made a long trip to The Dump, the furniture store not the place you put trash, and we were looking for furniture ideas for our new home. We didn't really see anything we liked but now we have decided we want a sectional sofa. We already have a set of microsuede furniture with a couch, love seat, and chair, but since we will now have 2 living areas we have to get another set of furniture. Anyone with ideas of a good furniture place to look in the Dallas area then let me know! We also checked out Rooms-to-go and weren't very impressed, although their prices aren't bad. I would like to find some older furniture too so that I can try and fix it up and make it a personal piece. I want to get creative with things now.
Sunday was a relaxing day, I hung out around the apartment while Ryan went to work. I seriously need to start working out, all I do is sit around. Whenever we get the new house there are so many trails around it that I would love to go biking and running around. Hopefully that will get me into shape. Wish me luck on that!
Anyways, I'm off to take a practice test for Statistics because I have my first test of this semester on Thursday and my first advertising test on Friday. Busy busy week.
Talk to you guys soon!
Thanks for reading

Love, Carmen

No comments: