Sunday, September 19, 2010

Welcome to my Blog

I guess i'll start by telling you a little bit about my life. I currently am a student at Southern Methodist University with my major still undecided. I don't really enjoy school, but I know I have to get through it and finish. I'm not sure what I would like to do when I graduate but we will see. I am in a relationship with my best friend, Ryan, and we were high school sweethearts. He is my first love and hopefully my only love. :) We talk about marriage all the time but I know I have to finish college first. I can't wait to get married and for all the planning to begin. This year on our anniversary we will have been together for 4 years.
On our vacation this summer.
I also love spending time with my family. I have 2 sisters, one 13 months older, and one 8 years older. I love my family and wouldn't trade it for anything. I still go visit my parents once a week, which is very unusual for most college students I know.
I have a love for baking and enjoy trying new things. My newest thing is making cupcakes, I have been doing cakes for a while now and wanted a change. I sometimes think I want to be a pastry chef, but I have to finish school before I can even consider doing that.
Chocolate Cupcake with homemade vanilla icing and topped with sugar sprinkles


French Vanilla Cupcake with homemade chocolate icing and topped with pink sugar sprinkles
These cupcakes I made for a baby shower recently. They turned out better than I expected!

A new adventure that I am about to embark on is moving to a new house with Ryan. Ryan is buying a house and I will be living there, I know we aren't married but in my opinion you need to live with someone before you are married to make sure you can get along. I can't wait for all the decorating I will be doing so soon. 

Well, thanks for reading if you even got this far. I hope you will follow my blog and that you find it somewhat entertaining.

Love, Carmen

No comments: