Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Top 2 Tuesday: Relationships

Hey ladies!!

I feel like I am always late to do things but better late than never right??



This week for Top 2 Tuesday I'm gonna share some things I've learned in the last 4.5 years that i've been with Ryan.

{1}
You don't have to post all over Facebook that you love the person or even really about your significant other.
If I didn't have a relationship status on my FB people wouldn't know anything about my relationship. If he does something really sweet then I might post it as my status, but for me Facebook is not an outlet for all things relationship. Do you really want people to become super nosey about you and your significant other's relationship?? I know I sure don't. You should feel comfortable enough with your relationship that there is no need to post and reassure why you love the person everyday.. I just don't understand why people feel the need to share to the whole world when they are in a fight or are having problems in their relationship. I understand talking to close friends and family if there is something going on, but letting everyone in on your problems could and probably will cause more problems then it will be beneficial. Don't get me wrong, I love Facebook and enjoy catching up with friends but posting about your problems is not something that people want filling up their wall.

{2}
Enjoy the little things together.
I know this seems really easy to say, but I really try to live by this. Like my favorite musical RENT says, "No day but today" I want every moment to be special. I love just watching TV shows together, cooking dinner together, grocery shopping together. I seriously find it lonely when I have to do those things alone. Plus, if you enjoy the little moments then when the bigger ones come you can compare and see how much greater that moment was for the two of you. I feel like I'm rambling, but I want to get some of this out and blogging is my way to do this!! Always say "I love you" before you go to bed and before you leave if you can. I know when I hear it it puts a smile on my face. You don't have to spend money to be happy either. I mean sure it is nice once in a while to go out and spend money on something you both would find fun, but you don't need to go out all the time in order to be happy and comfortable with each other. Go on a walk around the neighborhood and hold hands, it makes you feel closer to one another, plus it is good for you and free! :)

I'll leave you with some old pictures!

A couple years ago at Thanksgiving.

A dance! Those were so fun!



Thanks for listening to me blab! 

Love, 
Carmen

1 comment:

a. nicole said...

i'm so glad you posted the thing about facebook! especially the negative things, that doesn't even make any sense. i used to be one of those people who got all butt-hurt about john not mentioning every sweet thing i did (haha, ok... maybe a slight exaggeration!) but i got over it when i realized (finally) that FACEBOOK does not define my friendships, my relationships, or ME!