Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sorry I'm so behind!

So I feel like I haven't posted in so long and it's because I've been so busy moving and settling in at my new house! Tomorrow I will do a long update hopefully with lots of pictures of the house and my new kitty. I finally was able to get a kitty like I have been wanting for over a year now and she is so cute and is PERFECT in my eyes. She is about 6 months old and she is an orange tabby. :)

Since it's officially the last day of the 30 day blog challenge I will play catch up and finish today and then tomorrow will post on my life. 

Day 30: A picture

This is Belle, she is my new kitty and she is so cute!

Day 29: 3 Wishes

1) To figure out what I want to do with my life, what to major in.
2) I wish that I could motivate myself to work out, because when I get home it is dark and I hate running in the dark.
3) I wish that I didn't have to go to school everyday, even every other day would be nice.

I know those are really random but they are things that are currently on my mind.


Day 28: Something that stresses you out

First and foremost I would have to say SCHOOL! College is so much work and although I know that i should get a degree and graduate half the time I wish I could just quit and stay at home all day. Maybe even get a job that I love doing. 
Another thing that stresses me out is Money. Although I am fortunate to still have my parents to give me the things that I need (because I'm still in college, it will stop once I graduate) I stress about not having enough when I want something or the future when I have to provide for myself.
The future is the last thing that stresses me out because I don't know what I want to do with my life, like my career. I have taken classes in so many different things and nothing is standing out enough for me to choose it. I feel like I will never decide and I will be in college forever. My ultimate hope is that Ryan will make enough money where I don't HAVE to work and that way I can get a part time job that may not pay all that much but at least I will be happy.

Day 27: Pets
Well since I just got a new one I am happy to talk about her. She seriously is the sweetest and when I saw her at the pound I just knew I had to have her. The people at the pound were surprised because she is an older cat, not really old just 6 months but most people adopt the baby kittens and I thought that having one that was a little bit older would be better for my situation. 

Here she is in my hamper.

In the shower licking the water out.

Playing with my foot!

On top of the dryer, checking it out!

And I can't forget to talk about my cat that I grew up with. We found him when I was 7 and he lives at my parents house. I still love him so much and I think he is super cute too. His name is Kito and he is about 14. :)

On the table while I'm making a cake


Under the Christmas Tree last year. :)


Day 26: A picture of my family
This is my family at my sister's wedding.
L to R (Meredith, Dad, Lori, Jon, Mom, Me)
Taken in August of 2007

At my high school graduation in May 2009.
L to R (Jon, Lori, Meredith, Me, Mom, Dad)

Day 25: Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs

Unfortunately I don't listen to my iPod ever and it hasn't been updated in years. So i'm going to skip this day. :)

Day 24: Something you have learned

One important thing that I've learned is to never give up no matter what may be going wrong in your life. This can apply to many different things, relationships, school, a projects, a goal. But, whatever the case may be you should always be persistent and things will work out how they should. It may not be how you expected or wanted but that isn't always up to you to decide.

Day 23: Favorite Vacation

I think my favorite vacation would be this past summer when Ryan and I went to California. It was such a relaxing time to get away from work and school and spend  some quality time with each other. See here for pictures from our vacation.

Day 22: Favorite City

I haven't traveled to many different places so I gues I would have to choose the city that I grew up in, Dallas. I'm not from Dallas but from the Dallas area and I drive to Dallas everyday for school. There is a lot to do and plenty of pretty places to visit. Also, it's close to many different cities so it isn't a far drive to go to many places.



Day 21: Picture of yourself

This is probably one of my favorite pictures of myself. It is one of my senior pictures and it was when I had short hair.

Day 20: Nicknames

Well mostly people just call me Carmen but my sisters call me Boo. Sometimes I'm Carm, or Carmey, or Carmgen. Mostly just Carmen though.

Day 19: Something you miss

I miss having all my friends living so close. All of my friends are away at college and I don't get to see them that often so when everyone comes home we usually will have get togethers. I am the type of person to have a few good friends rather than a bunch of random friends so my friends that I do have I am very close with. 

Day 18: Something you regret

I regret giving in and going to SMU. My dad works there so it significantly helps that I go there, money wise, but I just am not happy there and I don't have many friends because the people aren't like me. I have different interests and am in a different money bracket then most of the rich kids that go there.

Day 17: Something you look forward to

I look forward to my vacation on spring break. Hopefully we will be able to go to California for Ryan's cousin's wedding and spend the week there again. 
Also I look forward to Christmas Break because I get to visit family and friends, and I don't have to go to school!

I really enjoyed this challenge, it made me think about things I would never have thought of and I enjoyed linking up and looking at everyone's blogs.

Thanks for reading!
Love, Carmen

1 comment:

melissa said...

Hey I stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say how much I love it! Thanks for posting. I will be back for more!